Top reasons you should use a letting agent
by Ed Firmin
Posted on Friday, December 11th, 2015 at 10:00
As the title says, here are a number of reasons why using a letting agent is better than going it alone. Of course, the main being that we take a load of stuff off your hands, we manage the tenants, admin, maintenance and anything else, freeing up your time to focus on more important things. If that isn’t enough to make you sign up straight away…
So here are some more reasons why we’re pretty good at what we do…
- We’ve got great access to tried and trusted tradesmen that we’ve used time and again. And because we give them a steady stream of work, we can negotiate better rates with them, which we can pass onto you
- You pay us commission. Therefore, the better rent we can get for your property, the more we get paid. Enough of an incentive to get the best deal for you!
- We can feature your property on portals such as Rightmove. As a private landlord, you aren’t permitted to do so. Therefore, we can significantly increase the number of people that see your advert
- You don’t have to get involved with the late night phonecalls when your tenant has lost their keys or their fuses have blown
- We know the property market like the back of our hand, and have significantly more experience of dealing with every type of tenant issue you could ever imagine. So nothing phases us, and we can deal with any sort of eventuality
- Our reference checking system will significantly reduce the likelihood of you getting a bad tenant. We’re more likely to spot them a mile off
- You’re less likely to have any void periods between tenants, because we’ve got a bigger marketing budget to promote your property
- We’re not as emotionally attached to your property, so can advise you on decisions such as maintenance or redecoration with an objective view, thinking about property prices and return on investment for you
- We know what tenants want, and can advise you how to make your property as appealing as possible
- We make your life more simple
So there you have it, if you want to avoid the hassle, then a letting agent is the answer. If you don’t have the time or the willing, then that’s what we’re here for. And of course, you can always still use us for a tenant find service if you prefer to do the management yourself.
If you would like to get in touch to find out how we would work with you as a landlord, and what services we’re able to take off your hands, then please do, I’m happy to meet up and advise you what’s best for you and your situation.
Tags: Why use a letting agent?